Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Socks and Stuff

Whiskers and Paw Prints are done, and although they are on my feet right now, I got a picture of them lounging on the dryer, after their first bath.

Whiskers and Paw Prints

I love these socks and the yarn! To recap:

Pattern: Whiskers and Paw Prints by Theresa Walunas (Part of the proceeds from the sale of this pattern goes to the Anti-Cruelty Society of Chicago, in honor of Theresa's aunt)
Yarn: A Piece of Vermont Merino Sock Yarn by Jessie, in Shell
Needles: Size 1.5 KnitPicks Harmony wood DPNs

I've also finished the first Baby Cable Rib sock (from Sensational Knitted Socks), being knit in Hand Jive's Nature's Palette Fingering weight yarn in Indian Paintbrush.

Baby Cable sock #1
Poorly composed photo of my own foot, plus laser-eyed cat

This sock had been languishing for a while, but it's gained my interest again! This is good, because I need some portable knitting -- on Friday, I'm leaving for the MLA conference in Chicago.

Actually, I just got back from another, much smaller conference, held on the Purdue campus. Even though Purdue and the University of Illinois are less than 100 miles apart, I had never been to the campus, which is really lovely. The conference was great and there was even time to visit the venerable Harry's Chocolate Shop (where there was no chocolate in sight!).

3 comments:

Bezzie said...

No chocolate? Is that false advertising ;-)

Cute socks--I love the Whisker & Paw pattern.

Chris said...

I think we need a modeled shot of your new socks. :) Have fun in Chicago!

Anonymous said...

Ooh. Love the socks.