Thursday, November 19, 2009

One CP Down....

Edited to add: Did you know there are two sizes of size 6 needles? I have 2 sets of size 6 DPNs, and one set is marked 4.0 mm (which is what the pattern calls for) and the other set is marked 4.25 mm. I knew about the two size 1s (well, 1 and 1 1/2), of course, but I didn't realize other sizes had variations, too. And I'm really glad my needles AND the pattern all indicated the metric size!

***********************************

That would be one "Christmas Project" and actually, it still needs blocking.

Christmas Project 1

And that's all you're getting until after it's gifted!

Christmas Project 2 is on the needles.

Christmas Project 2
It's kind of funny how my camera focused on the keyboard, not on the knitting...

Be assured that not all the Christmas knitting is pink!

Actually, Christmas Project 3 has been started, but I put it aside, because I'll need something to work on over Thanksgiving that's NOT a gift for the people I'm seeing then.

Christmas Project 4 needs some designing on my part - I should get to that soon, too. Luckily Christmas Project 5 will be a fast one, but I don't have the yarn yet.

Probably because I've got lots of Christmas knitting to do, I suddenly really want to finish some of my WIPs, particularly the Bougainvillea socks. sigh....

Bougainvillea sock

This might be because my handknit sock supply is suddenly looking pretty bad. I probably need to learn to darn, too.

4 comments:

Bezzie said...

I did not know that! I only have one pair of 6 needles--wait, one circ and one dpn....now I'm going to have to go look!

That's a lot of pink knitting there missy!

Chris said...

I didn't realize that about 6s - I think I have some 5s that are two different sizes. *sigh* Metric is SO much better for needles, isn't it?

Rebekah said...

This is why I wish everything was in metric, forget about standard sizes, they just don't exist :-)

Steven said...

I totally agree -- we should just go metric with the whole needle size. I feel kind of panicky knowing there are two size sixes. Who knows what other kinds needle size anomalies are hanging out in my knitting basket?