Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Ripley

How do all those teenage girls take pictures of themselves with their phones? 


This is Ripley.  It's blocking right now.

Details:  Ripley, by Ysolda Teague
Yarn:  madelinetosh tosh vintage in Cherry
Needles:  US 7
Size:  Largest, with mods
Notes:  This pattern calls for aran-weight yarn, and tosh vintage is a light worsted.  I also have a 23-inch head.  The largest Ripley size fits a 24-inch head, so I made the largest size, then added two extra motifs to the band, for 26 total.  As a result, I had 52 slipped stitches and, therefore, 78 picked up stitches.  I did the pleats exactly according to the pattern.  When I got to the decreases, there were 13 stitches between markers.  I made the slouchier version, but because my yarn was so much lighter, I don't have too much slouch.

This was a very quick and fun pattern.   The pattern is different since you make the band lengthwise, but picking up the slipped stitches along the edge is easy peasy.   Hopefully I can get a better picture after blocking! 

In the meantime, here's the pizza I made a couple nights ago.  It was heart-shaped by accident, but isn't it cute???  I always use this crust (if you use rapid-rise yeast, a 45 minute rise is enough) and top it with pesto, a scattering of spinach leaves, mushrooms, and mozzarella. If I have it, I also add cooked chicken.

7 comments:

Steven said...

I don't know how they take those pictures, either. But the hat looks great, and I can almost smell that delicious-looking pizza. I ♥ pizza!

lori said...

me too - that kind of photo always makes me look HORRIBLE. maybe i should follow your cue, and turn my head. :) ripley is gorgeous in that yarn, it's one of my favorite madtosh reds.

Chris said...

I can't manage the taking photos of myself, either.

Mmmm... pizza.

linda-the-sister said...

Mmm, the pizza is fabulous! And so cute that it's heart shaped!

Cute 'at, too. <3

Kaye said...

Delish pizza! I think some cameras have little mirrors in the front that let you frame your self portraits correctly. However that doesn't help when you're taking a picture of the back of your head--lol! Love the hat!

Mary Lou said...

Because they do it all the time. Practice makes perfect. Ripley Red is lovely. That Cherry again! I never thought about pesto on homemade pizza, don't know why. More uses for the summer basil crop. If summer ever comes again.

S B A said...

Wow i like your blog :)..
You’re welcome to visit mine to
From
Simones-univers.blogspot.com