Monday, May 29, 2006

Socks!

I finished the Sixth Sense Socks (part of the Six Socks KAL) yesterday, and I'm very happy with them. Here's the beauty shot:

Sixth Sense Sox finished 2


And here's the action shot:

Sixth Sense Sox finished

Yes, propping up my feet on my computer is action around here!
and, yes, my right ankle is swollen.....

Pattern: Sixth Sense Socks (available only to those of us in the Six Sox KAL)
Yarn: Koigu KPPM colorway P717, purchased at Hill Country Weavers in Austin
Yardage: just under 2 skeins
Needles: Colonial rosewood US2 DPNs
Comments: This was my first short-row heel, and was done in garter stitch, which I understand helps with the hiding of any wrap-and-turn holes. I found it harder than the heel flap/gusset method, but it's prettier. And I thought heel flaps were hard the first few times, so I'm sure this will get easier. Also, I've probably said this before, but I love the rosewood needles!

Saturday I stopped by my LYS to pick up a little something for my Secret Pal and bought no yarn at all! However, I did pick up a couple patterns: the Karabella Gossamer Cardigan - I've got some Kidsilk Haze in my stash, which I think I'll use for this (someday) - and the Noni Baguette purse pattern (plus the separate pattern for the chrysanthemum embellishment). I have no idea when I'll knit these -- after I finish the Seraphim shawl, the knitted laptop case, the surprise project for someone who reads this blog (yes, all 10 of you can wonder if it's for you!) and the Brooks Farm feather and fan scarf, and perhaps the other felted bag and the pink mohair cabled shawl, all of which are currently on the needles!

I need to knit.....

No comments: