Saturday, September 27, 2008

Cupcakes!

My latest creative endeavor: Black-and-gold Hawkeye cupcakes.

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic
photo taken with my cell phone, then posted to twitpic,
which explains, i guess, the odd size


Today was Homecoming here at the University of Iowa. Yesterday, we had a little advance celebration, and I brought devil's food cupcake with vanilla frosting, colored gold. I dug out my cake decorating tools to frost the cupcakes -- using a giant star tip is fast, relatively non-messy, and looks much more impressive than it really should!

Unfortunately, the Hawkeyes lost to Northwestern. I celebrated by working this afternoon, although since this was the first time I worked a weekend (worked as in covering a public service desk) since I moved here, it was okay. In San Antonio I worked a weekend day every couple months.

7 comments:

Enid said...

looks delish! :D

Courtney said...

Those looks scrumptious. I can't believe that Northwestern won. My parents are both alumni and I am led to believe that Northwestern never wins. This doesn't prevent my mother from sporting purple jeans with a matching jacket when they make their once a year trek to Evanston for a game. I should talk to her about making cupcakes instead.

Chris said...

Mmmm... cupcakes...

Amysatx said...

Num-cupcakes! Are you coming down for Kid n' Ewe :-)

Anonymous said...

I just love Iowa teams! I can never decide who to root for when they play for each other.

But then I'm a true Iowan. Born and bred.

Bezzie said...

Very cool!!!!!

And I'm with Courtney--NW'ern won???

Steven said...

Those cupcakes look delicious!