- knit a third Toto
- knit most of a second Mitered Hanging Towel
- put up and decorated my Christmas tree
- decided to send store-bought cards instead of hand-made ones
- done about half my Christmas shopping
- loaded a whole bunch of Christmas songs onto my iPod
- convinced my cats that they could both sleep in the bed with me
- survived our first real snowfall and minor ice storm of the season -- although I did fall down twice on the way to bus the morning after the ice storm
- replaced my worn-out YakTrax (this was directly related to the previous point)
- slept through the "you're truly old" medical procedure (in other words, I had a colonoscopy. I slept through it -- yay for Demerol! -- and my colon's good to go for the next 10 years.)
- been thrilled that the jerk governor -- I'd call him worse, but this is a G rated blog -- of my home state was arrested. According to the latest poll, his approval rating is at 8%. Even before this, about a month ago, it was 13%. He's been despised for quite some time, and I doubt many people are surprised that he was this corrupt. I think lots are amazed that he actually got caught though. And they've named a drink after him!
- oh -- and I went to work practically every day!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
I promise a better post, with pictures and everything, soon. In the last 10 days I've: