Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This 'n' That (because I use "random" way too much!)

I wish I had an FO to show you, but I don't.  There's been a little knitting but not much.

I'm finally on the fourth color, Azalea, for the baby blanket.  You can just barely see it, down there at the edge.  This is such totally mindless knitting. Since I really like my knitting to entertain me, I'd really like to get this over with!  

Baby afghan

I pulled out Stonewall and did another couple pattern repeats and also finished the gusset on the first Bougainvillea sock. And I frogged my barely-begun Woodland Scarf. I like the pattern, and will put it back in my queue, but I think I want to use the yarn (Malabrigo Sock in Stonechat, which is actually considerably darker than that picture shows--my photo of it in Ravelry is closer) for Gust instead. I really need some sort of hand-knit shawl to keep at work for those days when my office is cool. Right now, I have a store bought almost-blanket-like thing, which is really embarrassing for a knitter!  It needs to be dark and not too lacy, so I think this combination of yarn and pattern are perfect. I don't have enough yarn for the large size, but should have enough to make the large width at the petite length. I haven't cast on yet, because, really, it would be embarrassing to have THREE Anne Hanson patterns on the needles at once!

I also got a new bag for my knitting accessories -- a box bag from Caro at Splityarn.

Splityarn box bag

I had looked at this cheery pink bag numerous times, so when she announced that she would be donating 10% of her April Sales to the National Brain Tumor Society in memory of her dad, I decided it was time to purchase it. It's really cute, nice-sized, and very well made. Go buy one! ;-)

6 comments:

Chris said...

That's a great bag!

The blanket's looking good.

Bezzie said...

I love that color you're adding to the baby blanket! Can't wait to see that one all spread out!

Thea said...

What a soft looking blanket! The red is a lovely color, it goes well with the pink.

Anonymous said...

I remember the days of all Anne all the time. It's fun...
And I do like your new bag.
My new bag is much less exciting....
a package of 4 small totes at Hobby Lobby -- no zippers.. but... they were 1/2 price, and the original price was 4 for $4.99. How could I resist?

Steven said...

Caro is awesome. We miss her here in Texas. You picked a nice one!

Amysatx said...

I can hardly wait to see the blanket done! On my way to Caro's shop, I remember reading about her April "special" and wanting to buy something-thanks for reminding me!