Saturday, January 20, 2007

FO: Red Scarf

I finished my scarf for the Red Scarf Project. Sorry for the slightly blurry bathroom photo.

Red Scarf
I love this pattern! I'll definitely use it again.

Specifics:
Pattern: His/Hers Reversible Scarf from Cables Untangled (36 stitches cast on, rather than 48).
Size: 5 inches wide and 6 feet long
Yarn: Tough, washable Plymouth Encore Worsted in color 174 (which I would call Barn Red) -- about a skein and a half
Needles: Size 6 (for 4 rows of ribbing on each end), size 8 for the rest

Now I just have to get it mailed off!

In other knitting news -- look what arrived yesterday! It's a boxful of Beaverslide Dry Goods Fisherman Weight Wool in Wood Violet. This color and several others are current on sale for $6.75 for a 210 yard skein! (The color is truer in their photo than mine, so you might want to click that link.) This will eventually become Arwen from the Winter 2006 IK, after I finish this baby knitting and my sister's second Wine and Roses Mitt, also from the Winter IK.

Beaverslide Fisherman weight

And in case you were wondering, Simon helped me measure the Red Scarf

Simon and the Red Scarf

while Harley watched. This photo emphasizes what my sister refers to as Harley's "cushion-like shape." She's a very serious kitty, and she really does have legs.

Harley

No comments: