Monday, May 07, 2007

Knitting?

Not feeling very creative tonight, but it's been a while since I posted. Mostly, I'm obsessed with my move. Today was really my last day at work. I finished cleaning out my office (you accumulate a lot of stuff when you work at the same place for 22 years) and cleared -- gave up my key, ID, university credit card, and parking pass. That last part -- the parking pass -- will make some lucky person really happy. I have a fantastic reserved parking space, right in front of the Library. Even for people who don't work in the Library, it's a really good location. The only problem with it is that, because it's such a great location, people tend to park there illegally, despite the big yellow letters that say RESERVED painted on the ground in front of it.

Last Thursday, there was a farewell reception for me, with lots of good food made mostly by a co-worker who should really be a caterer, not a librarian. It was really nice, and some of my faculty friends attended, too. The staff got together and bought me gift cards -- one to Target and one to The Knitting Shoppe, in Iowa City. They really know me, eh?

This evening, my sister came over and got Simon and his accoutrements. Harley doesn't see too concerned so far. I suspect we'll both miss him more tomorrow morning.

harley

I also wound up one last skein of KnitPicks Shadow for Hidcote. Most of my stash is in some of those giant ziplocs, and will eventually be packed in the big Rubbermaid tub with my Christmas ornaments. I'm taking Hidcote and the second Embossed Leaves sock in the car with me. The Brooks Farm Primero might want to become Midwest Moonlight, from Scarf Style -- it seems an appropriate knit for my move to Iowa, although I guess mohair is a sort of odd choice for such a textured pattern.

hidcote and midwest moonlight
top: the first 4 rows of Midwest Moonlight, about to be frogged (because everything gets frogged at least twice). bottom: Hidcote

Oh, and I'm still chugging away on Arwen's back in Beaverslide Fisherman weight.

arwen

(Sorry for the lack of links tonight.)

No comments: