Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Still here.....

and not knitting much. But would you care to see the the giant garbage bag full of stuff I shredded last night?

I didn't think so. I've got records going back to when I was married (basically, the 1980s). So I shredded a lot, although I decided to keep my check stubs from my first real job after college. I also kept a copy of a letter my ex wrote after we got divorced to convince USAA to give me a credit card in my own name. Even then, that seemed really nice for an ex-husband -- and they did give me a card, with a $500 limit. I still have that card, but they've raised the limit for me! ;-)

Tonight was handbell practice -- next week will be my last one. I love my handbell choir. We have lots of fun and make pretty music, even though we're definitely amateurs.

I was also going to make one last batch of my famous Bailey's Brownies for my co-workers, but managed to burn the chocolate while melting it in the microwave. I didn't have any more Baker's German's sweet chocolate (yes, "German's" is possessive, too -- look it up!) so I guess it will wait until tomorrow night.

I actually have done a bit of knitting. I finished the first Embossed Leaves sock, and the Brooks Farm Primero decided it didn't want to be Cozy after all, so I frogged it. I've started on Hidcote once again, in KnitPicks Shadow in Oregon Coast. I got through a few rows last time and frogged. I suspect it was the KnitPicks Options needles I was using -- they're nice and pointy and the cord is fantastic -- not twisty at all -- but they're a little slick for me. However, I'm trying them again ( because, believe it or not, I don't seem to have any size 3 circs!).

But mostly I've been shredding, sorting books, and facing the fact that I only wear about a quarter of the clothes I own....

No comments: