Sunday, August 12, 2007

Good Night, Sweet MS3, Good Night

Although I love the idea of knitting a swan's wing at the end of this stole, it is absolutely kicking my butt. This morning I put a lifeline in row 132 and began 133. At the end, I was one stitch short. I tinked back, and by the time I got to the beginning of row 133 again, I was missing 5 stitches, and I had some sort of weird knot going on at the far end of the row.

I've frogged back to my previous lifeline at row 122, but I just don't have the heart to keep going at this point. It's not the pattern -- it's not that hard -- but combined with the Skacel Merino Lace, which is the finest yarn I've used since my tatting days, I'm just very frustrated. MS3 has been folded up and put away for a little nap. I'm going to go back to my other WIPs -- Hidcote, the Flared Lace Smoke Ring, Arwen, my Illini socks. I may even block and seam Askew!

I think once I start seeing completed MS3s, I may be excited about it again. In the meantime, I've got plenty of other project to knit. Did I mention that I've ordered yarn for both Bee shawls? ;-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I'm getting a bee shawl for Christmas? My birthday next year? Groundhog Day? Columbus Day? Please? ;)

Bezzie said...

Yeah you're not the first though to put that cow out to pasture. I'm sure she's a pretty cow when finished. But animal husbandry isn't for everyone. (Yes, that IS the worst analogy ever!)

Chris said...

I'm ok with never having even started the shawl!! I think I'll look for something a little more simple...

Anonymous said...

I know how frustrating that can be. My sympathies.

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you. Not that I'm in the MS3-along, but because I know the feeling from other things.

I hope you get re-inspired, but if it were me, I'd frog now so I didn't have the unfinished guilt hanging over me. :-)

k said...

remember knitting is supposed to be fun! So I totally understand why you would want to put it down if you weren't having fun with it anymore.


www.yarnandorder.com

Anonymous said...

I'm working on the second chart in clue 5 for MS3. The end is so close.

I really like the rectangular bee shawl. Very pretty - what are you planning to use for it?

Anonymous said...

Mine has been put on permanent time out, in fact tonight I'm pretty sure I'm just going to frog away. Wel unless I can find my needles then i'm working on my clogs.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am sorry. I have yet to finish a larger shawl. My next lace attempt will be a rectangular stole. This is not relazing