Friday, August 10, 2007

Stalled

I have no knitting photos, because there's been no interesting knitting this week. I've made little progress on Mystery Stole 3 -- I'm still on Clue 2. Part of the problem, I think, is that I'm really impatient to be farther along, and get discourage when I look at it and realize I've got so far to go! Unlike some people, I'm really excited that the other end of the stole will be shaped like a wing, and I just want to be working on that part!

Last night, I went to the Museum of Art to hear my library's rare book librarian talk about medieval medical books (it's a little disconcerting, isn't it, that they used a picture of the Big Boy sculpture next to the listing of presentations in the From Monks to Masters series?), so I took my Illini sock to work on -- toe-up stockinette a la Wendy. I'm past the heel now, and the plain old knitting round-and-round was sort of soothing.

Despite this lack of progress, my knitting queue keeps growing. Have you seen Anne's Bee shawls -- the triangle and the rectangle? I've bought both and have yarn coming for both! I can't decide which I like more. I think I like the stitch patterns in the rectangle better, but tend to prefer triangle shawls -- at least for me. I've already swatched the bee pattern used in both. It's very clever, put does require a bit of practice.

Thanks to Ravelry, I discovered the Spring 2005 Interweave Knits (my subscription began with Fall 2005). I ordered a back copy, because there are so many pretty patterns. My favorites are the Paisley Lace Shawl, and the Vintage Pink Cardigan (Kim, did you knit that?). I've added both to my queue, although it's unlikely that I'll actually make the cardigan.

Because I always feel guilty about not posting any pictures, here's one of Simon giving my sister a hug, something he's very good at (although it's not the most flattering picture of Linda!). Sometimes he climbs up a little higher, wraps both "arms" all the way around your neck, and tucks his head under your chin. It's absolutely irresistable, although it makes it hard to knit!

Huggy Simon

7 comments:

teabird said...

I don't think you could go wrong with either the stole or the shawl! So beautiful -

Bezzie said...

Awwww...such a sweet Simon! Springs does that, when I'm sleeping. I think it's more he's trying to strangle me in my sleep though...

Anonymous said...

Simon looks so sweet!

Kim said...

I am knitting the wing and damn excited about it too! As for VPC... I started it in my Barkarole in blue and had to rewrite the pattern to compensate for the fact that the pattern is written for 34" and 38" but I am neither of those. Anyway, I just couldn't get with it and frogged the whole thing. It is a great sweater and I would love to make it in pink! If I recall, you told me that my sweater lacked the mojo 'cause it wasn't PINK!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh... those shawls are beautiful! I'm afraid to get too deep into Ravelry because my queue will end up being 3 miles long. I can just see it now. First I need to add the projects I've already bought all the stuff for!

Those medieval medical talks sound *fascinating* - I would love to attend something like that, they are just so interesting to me!

Chris said...

Oh, I love that kitty hugging! My kitties do not do that.

Kim said...

I'm still on clue 2, too! I just did row 121....