Friday, December 08, 2006

I think I'll live...

For a while, it was a little doubtful. I felt worse on Wednesday, but dragged myself into work anyway, since I had to infect teach a class of nursing students. Thursday, though, I woke up with my throat on fire. When I tried to say hello to the cats, nothing happened. I got up, emailed the faculty member with whom I had a consult scheduled, to cancel it, and emailed a co-worker, asking her to cancel my dental appointment for me (pretty sure Dr. H really didn't want to peer into my mouth!). Then I went back to bed and slept most of the day.

Today I felt 100% better. However, I apparently looked and sounded pretty awful, because I was told to leave around 11:00. I felt a little guilty, but it was probably a good thing.

I know I felt a little better, though, because I was able to knit and to frog. I had started the Shetland Triangle from Wrap Style, but since I was using a heavier yarn than called for (Garnstudio Drops Alpaca, instead of Jaeger Cashmina), I had gone up from a US6 needle to a US9. I got about 25 rows in, and decided my needles were too big. So I ripped it all out (actually, I had already ripped it out once before, but there's no need to talk about that) and started over on US8s. So far, so good!

Shetland Triangle

Christmas tree 2006

I also got the Christmas tree up. Yes, it's fake (so I'm not allergic to it) and it's pre-lit (which was a great invention on somebody's part). No decorations yet - hopefully, that will happen tomorrow.

Harley is very interested in the tree....

Oh -- it sleeted in San Antonio this afternoon. It was in the low 40s, which is pretty cold for us, so it melted before it hit the ground, but there was, nevertheless, a mild panic.

No comments: