Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas (almost) to those of you who celebrate. And if you don't -- Have a Happy Monday! Of course, my family doesn't get here until Tuesday night, and we're not having Christmas dinner until Saturday, so I'll be celebrating all week!

There has been progress on Christmas knitting. The Knitted Robot is finished, and although I'm not absolutely thrilled with him (my seaming skills are obviously lacking), I'm at least happy with him. Here he sits in my Christmas tree.

Knitted Robot

I've also finished a fourth pair of Fetching, in Midnight Blue Elsebeth Lavold Classic AL. No picture - you know what they look like by now!

Remember the Shetland Triangle I was knitting? Apparently the DROPS Alpaca really did not want to be a Shetland Triangle. Instead, it will be a Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl. I'm halfway through the sixth of ten repeats (each repeat is 8 rows, and 16 stitches wider than the previous repeat). I need to have it done (and blocked) by Saturday. I think I'll make it.

Forest Canopy Shawl

I also got my Christmas cards addressed and stamped. I'll mail them tomorrow - they'll be "Christmas week" cards! I actually got them made last weekend, but didn't bother to address them!

Here's the outside (a little blurry, as most of my non-flash photos are):

Christmas card 2006

And the inside:
Christmas Card 2006 inside
(For those of you who stamp -- Joy is heat-embossed in silver over the stamped snowflake.)

I've also got a loaf of that New York Times No-Knead Bread (that link will only work, I think, if you subscribe to TimesSelect) rising, and my handbell choir is playing at Midnight Mass tonight. Tomorrow I need to make one more batch of Carrot-Coconut Bread and wrap some presents.

No comments: