Monday, December 18, 2006

That Meme

I have been knitting, but what's left are yet another pair of Fetching and holiday knitting for someone who might see it here. And the robot is still drying and waiting to be seamed and stuffed.

So, instead -- we have a meme, in which you will learn some things about me that might seem odd to some people. We all have our little quirks, right? Eric at Ethical Thought, who is another knitter/medical librarian, tagged me.

“THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the '6 weird things about you.' People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.”

1. I’m stealing this first one from Theresa, who mentioned that she is phone-o-phobic. I really dread it when my home phone rings. I’m not sure why, but you get so many charity calls and stuff, and I hate saying no to them.
2. But what is really weird isn’t that I hate answering the phone, but that, despite that fact, I don’t have Caller ID.
3. I have a whole bookcase of cookbooks in my kitchen, but I rarely cook anymore (although I do bake).
4. I have no children, but I enjoy scrapbooking. Personally, I don’t think this is weird, but others seem to.
5. I have to be able to see the clock when I wake up at night, which is a frequent occurrence. Before I had lasik surgery to correct my vision, I slept clutching a little alarm clock whenever I traveled.

I’ll probably think of some really weird stuff after I post this! And I’m going to tag Steve (another knitting medical librarian), Susan, Amy, Kim (who is probably too busy with her adorable baby boy to read blogs), the other Kim, and Courtney.


Tomorrow -- my recipe for Carrot-Coconut Bread, which is a great from-the-kitchen holiday gift!

No comments: