Thursday, February 08, 2007

Airport Knitting

Yesterday I flew to Harlingen to teach a class. (Note: Click that link to the Wikipedia entry for Harlingen - I wonder how long it will continue to begin "Harlingen is the best city in the world"?) My 8:20 a.m. flight was delayed by fog until almost 11:00; luckily, I got there in time for the workshop! The highlight of any trip to Harlingen is the free wi-fi in the airport. I knew I would probably end up hanging out at the airport for a couple hours, waiting for my return flight, and had planned some work to finish up. But guess what? The wi-fi was out, and there's no one at the airport to fix it after 5:00. So instead, I had to knit some more.

Between the morning delay and the evening wi-fi-lessness, I finished over half of the Mason & Dixon Baby Kimono. I know for a lot of you, this would be no big deal, but, as one of the world's three slowest knitters, I'm pretty proud of it!

baby kimono
Sorry about the blurry picture!

No comments: