Monday, February 05, 2007

FO!

Finally, I've finished the second Wine and Roses Mitt for my sister. In fact, she now has them in her possession.

Finished Wine and Roses Mitts

I am so, so pleased with these. Despite the weeks it took me to get them done, they were really a quick knit. I just kept getting interrupted -- by a red scarf, by the world's ugliest baby hat, by a baby blanket.... I finally decided this weekend I just had to finish them!

The pattern looked a little daunting at first, but they weren't really hard. They were interesting, though, which I have figured out is important for me. I love the idea of 'mindless' knitting, but then I get bored!

And look at the ball of yarn I have left -- I think I may have enough left for another pair. Hmmmm........

Particulars
Pattern: Wine and Roses Mitts from the Winter 2006 Interweave Knits

Yarn: Jojoland 100% Cashmere fingering/lace weight yarn in Cashmere Blue -- way less than one 400 yard skein -- purchased at Kid'n'Ewe

Needles: Size 2 (2.75mm) Crystal Palace Bamboo DPNs

No comments: