Friday, February 16, 2007

A Belated Valentine's Day Post

I like Valentine's Day a lot. I love hearts and my favorite color is pink, so of course I like Valentine's Day. I had a Valentine's Day post all planned, but this week was really, really busy, and I forgot to take the pictures to go with it.

My office is a mess. That's okay; I know where everything is. But on the corner of my desk -- actually about two-thirds of the way down the front of it -- there are a multitude of hearts. The majority are glass or stone, but I have wooden hearts, a leather one, a couple metal ones, at least one made of plastic, and numerous hand-painted paper ones. I buy a lot for myself, but people give them to me, too. Here are a few of the twenty or so I have.

heartshearts
There are two different red glass hearts -- the one on the right is larger than the one on the left.

And in knitting-related news -- I got to meet the recipient of the baby kimono last night. He's 6 days old, and has something of a baby mullet, but he's awfully cute!

My current active projects consist entirely of squares for baby blankets. I'm looking forward to getting back to knitting something for me....

No comments: