Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Did you miss me?

It's been four days since my last post. I've thought about posting every day, but it seemed like such a luxury not to!

I spent a lot of the weekend knitting. We had an ice storm Saturday morning, and it seemed smart to stay indoors. Here's the Beehive section (bottom) and the Bee and Honeycomb section (top) of Honeybee. (That's a lifeline between the sections.)

Bees
Sorry for the blurry...

The Bee and Honeycomb section is amazing -- the bees are made through a series of dropped yarnovers, gathered up. Mine don't look as perfect as Anne's, but I think blocking will help. And the Honeycomb is cool, too -- I'll try to get a picture of it later.

I did go out around 8:30 Saturday morning, to mail my rent check. It had just begun to sleet then, so I walked over to the little shopping center on the other side of the pond and mailed it from there, instead of driving to the post office.

It was pretty cold.

cold!

And the pond was already frozen.

ice!

Now we have piles of what appears to be snow in parking lots and on street corners. However, it's really ice and in places, the sidewalks are a treacherous combination of slick and bumpy. I never even noticed that the sidewalk that I use to cut through from my complex to the street is on a hill, until I started to walk down it yesterday after work. It looked like Mt. Everest (downhill, that is)! Today, on the advice of a co-worker, I bought a pair of Yaktrax. I'll let you know how they work out.

comfy kitty
Harley thinks she'll just stay indoors!

6 comments:

Chris said...

How sad is it that +20 is starting to feel warm?! :)

AndreaLea said...

Yaktrax sound cool. I'm looking forward to your review!

Bezzie said...

Yaktrax! My sister did a fake ad campaign for them. Back in my day when we walked to school uphill both ways we just fell on our butts in the snow!

Amysatx said...

It does feel strange to not be posting everyday (and I miss reading everyone's posts) but I am relieved to get a bit of a break. Enjoy the chilly weather!

Anonymous said...

I'm DYING that you're living someplace with that much snow and ice! We knew the weather would be an adjustment, but wow.

Anonymous said...

I don't know that I could post everyday without resorting to singing (and typing) the alphabet.

(Can I say I hate the new Blogger comments -- it penalizes you if you don't have or don't want a blogger account)

twig
http://www.mapleontheweb.com