Sunday, February 03, 2008

Hello, Dolly!

Dolly

On Saturday, Dolly came to live with Harley and me. Dolly belongs to a friend who has developed really bad cat allergies in the last few years. My friend also has two dogs, who Dolly hates. So we thought the quieter, dog-free environment at my house might be better all around.

Dolly is about 7 years old -- the same age as Harley -- so totally breaks the "new cat rules," which say that ideally, a new cat should be a kitten of the opposite sex. So far, though, things seem to be going okay. Neither Harley nor Dolly is very agressive, and mostly they've just been ignoring each other. There was one dash up and down the stairs, which I heard but didn't see. (It sounded more like elephants than cats!) I'm not sure what caused it or who initiated it.

Dolly has spent most of her time so far under the sideboard, but did sleep on the foot of my bed last night. Of course, that meant that Harley wouldn't even come into the bedroom!

Dolly looks amazingly like my late cat Charlotte. I'll try to find a picture of her to scan. And while I'm at it, I'll try to take one of Dolly that's not blurry and laser-eyed...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a sweetie. And such a lucky girl. I have no doubt that no matter how cushie her last gig was, she's on the ultimate cat Easy Street now.

Here's hoping for a continued smooth transition.

Steven said...

You're lookin' swell, Dolly -- even with the laser bushbaby eyes. I'm sure Harley will cope.

Chris said...

Hi, Dolly! Hopefully you and Harley get comfy with each other. Maybe a bit of the old Feliway?

Bezzie said...

Oh man, that is one cute cat! We adopted Springs as an adult when Squeaky was an adult--and for the same reason you did--a coworker's husband's cat allergies had become near fatal. They only really kick each other's butts when they're hungry. Other than that they leave each other along..thank goodness. Harley will get used to her and be OK I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Dolly! At first glance I thought you had posted a picture of Charlotte! I'm sure Dolly and sweet Harley will soon be fast friends. Or at least they'll be able to be in the same room together. :)

Congratulations on your new baby!

Anonymous said...

Oh how nice of you to adopt Dolly! Of course now I'm singing "Oh hello Dolly, well hello Dolly, its so nice la la la la....your looking swell Dolly, oh so swell Dolly...la la la la."

Anonymous said...

Dolly is adorable!

Kim said...

Gave you the award back...