Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Snow -- and lots of it

I'm tired of winter. My co-workers tell me that this is the worst winter in years, and I hope it's not starting a trend.

Way too much snow

We got between 10 and 14 inches of snow, most of it during the day today, although it began last night. I had already planned on going in a couple hours late this morning, and I ended up staying home all day. Waiting for the bus in almost blinding snow didn't sounds like fun.

tree

Isn't this tree pretty in the snow? I'm amazed at the size of this evergreen tree, across the parking lot from my place. I wish I had taken a video of it -- the slightest breeze makes the branches bounce up and down.

Meanwhile, there's an uneasy truce in our house.

Dolly Harley

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cats. I'm so sorry it's been such a harsh winter. :(

San Antonio misses you. I miss you. I can't wait to see you!

Cute kitties. :)

Chris said...

Wow! We had nothing precipitationwise... Well, I suppose truce is better than bloody warfare!

coastergirl said...

I guess it doesn't help to know that it was over 80 yesterday and not that cold today...I would trade with ya in a heartbeat..... miss ya...

Melissa DeSantis said...

I'm pretty sure we are over our average precipitation too, although we haven't had nearly as much as you have had...

Anonymous said...

I think that the least Iowa could do was to have a mild winter so that you could slowly acclimate to having more than one day of winter a year.

Could you maybe sue the weatherman for predicting the snow and therefore causing it to happen?

Bezzie said...

Oof yeah, you just gotta be away from those trees when the wind blows. Hee hee!

Send some of that snow my way!

Amanda said...

WOW! That's a lot of snow, I'd be too scared I'd get buried under that and no one would ever find me. ;)

Chelsea said...

My car looks just like that!

Anonymous said...

I think you guys are indeed having a much worse winter then normal, at least for years and years. Although growing up I remember that most winters we didn't see the ground from around Halloween to April.

Michelle said...

Oh.My.Goodness. Here we are in SA just hoping for some cold weather, while y'all are hogging it all up. Dang!