Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I didn't buy any yarn in Iowa, but.....

I visited Crazy Girl Yarn Shop in Coralville (next door to Iowa City) and drove past The Knitting Shoppe, but I didn't buy anything. I didn't have to -- I had yarn waiting for me when I got home!

Sophie's Toes and A Piece of Vermont

The day after Yarn Focus Challenge ended, I succumbed to two yarns I had been wanting to try. The blue-green is Sophie's Toes Sock Yarn (superwash merino) in Seafoam. Her shop is empty right now, but keep checking back -- it's definitely worth it! The two skein sof reddish yarn is Jessie's A Piece of Vermont sport weight merino/tencel in Long Time Gone. The color is way off in the picture for both, but probably more off for the Piece of Vermont. It's really a gorgeous, sort of faded burgundy almost-solid. And it's squooshy, squooshy soft!

Obviously, the Sophie's Toes will become socks -- maybe Theresa's Whiskers and Paw Prints. I've been looking for the right almost-solid sock yarn for that pattern. I have no idea what the two skeins (about 825 yards total) of Jessie's yarn will become. I'm thinking maybe a shawl of some sort....

Hmmmmm.......

No comments: