Saturday, June 16, 2007

Actual Knitting Content

There hasn't been much knitting here, or at least nothing exciting.

The Illini sock (my bus knitting) progresses slowly, because I'm not on the bus very long!

illini sock

Like everyone else, I'm really enjoying Monkey, although I haven't worked on it in a couple days. I love, love, love the Sophie's Toes yarn!

monkey

And you might recall that in my last post, I mentioned that I was beginning the second chart on Hidcote. Well, I still am, but for the second time. On the second row of the second chart, something was wrong, and I couldn't figure out what it was. I looked to see how far back my lifeline was and realized -- I hadn't put one it. Big sigh.... I ripped all the way back, started over, and put in a lifeline on row 20 of the first chart.

And finally......

mice

That's a not-yet-stuffed green catnip mouse and the beginnings of a purple one. I plan on making a fuchsia one, too. They're all from Lamb's Pride Worsted, which I have in practically every bright color in my stash. They're not for Harley, but for my boss's cats. Her birthday is Thursday, and when I jokingly said that everyone would be getting handknit socks for their birthdays, she said that her cats had had one knit catnip mouse and loved it so much it was destroyed, and catnip mice would be the best birthday present she could get. So -- here they are! My only modification to the pattern is to leave a really long tail when I fasten off, then run that end through, and make an I-cord tail out of it. That way the tail is really attached. Green Mousie has kind of a stubby tail, since I miscalculated the length. But it's better than no tail at all!

Kitty Update
Harley is now jumping up to the back of the Big Red Chair, even though it means going up on the arm (and past me) to get there. She really enjoyed sitting back there this evening -- my hair is freshly colored, and apparently tastes really good!

And for those of you who wondered about how Simon is getting along back in San Antonio, my sister answered that in the comments to my last post. In case you missed it:
Simon is doing fine! He and Schuster [her other cat, who lived with, and got along with, Simon for the first seven years of her life] have arrived at some sort of kitty truce that allows them to share the sofa - they take turns sitting on my lap while the other one sits at the other end of the sofa. He loves going out on the patio and chewing on the plants. In other words, he's just being Simon!

No comments: