Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The return of knitting

FO: Embossed Leaves
Embossed Leaves

I finished these several days ago. To recap, the pattern is Embossed Leaves from the Winter 2005 Interweave Knits and Favorite Socks and the yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Yellowstone (it's the very last color shown on that page - however, mine seems to be very different - lots more purple and green - than any I've seen). As is always the case with socks I make for myself, they're a little big, because I'm always terrified that they'll be too small!

On the needles:
Illini toe

Well, there are several things on the needles, but this one is new: Wendy's toe-up stockinette sock in Scout's Illini sock yarn. The Illini yarn has been calling to me ever since I moved to Hawkeye country! This yarn was gifted to me last Christmas by Courtney. It's meant to be bus knitting, although, frankly, my commute is only about 10-15 minutes, which barely seems to be enough to pull it out of the bag! There was actually much more of this sock done yesterday, since I was able to knit during much of my all-day orientation. However, I realized it was going to be loose, so I frogged and started over, making the 64 stitch version, rather than the 72 stitch version.

And, finally, here are the geese from the pond behind my place coming to visit
geese

and Harley watching them from the bedroom window.
Harley

No comments: