Friday, June 22, 2007

A Very Good Day

  • I received a beautiful skein of sock yarn from Rebekah, for being part of the Yarn Focus Challenge. She waited until I got settled after my move to send it, which I really appreciate. I'll post a picture tomorrow, I hope, but it's a gorgeous merino/tencel sock yarn in shades of purple ranging from pink orchid to indigo. It wonderfully squooshy, and was hand dyed by Lucy of Mind's Eye Yarns. Her yarns are also available on Etsy, so there's no excuse for you not to own some, too! It was donated to the YFC by Danielle. So -- thanks, Danielle, Rebekah, and Lucy!

  • I got my Ravelry invite today! And believe it or not, I haven't logged in yet, because I was afraid it would be morning before I came up for air!

  • My von Maur credit card came today. von Maur is kind of Iowa City's Nordstrom, and their credit card charges no interest. I could be in trouble...

  • I received my first netflix DVD since I've moved here, and discovered there's a netflix center 35 miles away in Cedar Rapids. Movies will come fast!

No comments: