Saturday, July 07, 2007

Yarn Released from Captivity

Note on comments: Since I reloaded my template, and also had to reload Haloscan commenting, I've been getting both Blogger comments and Haloscan comments. If you click Comments at the bottom of the post, you'll see the Haloscan comments for that post. If you click the time on the post, you'll see the Blogger comments! I can't see that I did anything wrong, so if you click to comment and get the Blogger comment window, could you tell me exactly what you did? Thanks!

I mentioned a couple days ago that the pale pink Skacel Merino Lace that I wanted to use for Mystery Stole 3 was trapped, with some of its yarny friends and most of my Christmas decorations, in a Rubbermaid tub in my office closet. Somehow, the movers had manage to wedge two tubs plus my Christmas tree box into this tiny closet.

closet

I had already opened the top tub and removed the yarn there, but couldn't figure out how to get the tubs out of the closet. I was hoping my brother would be able to take one look at it and say, "Here's how we do it!"

Maybe you can see better how little space we were dealing with -- and there's a rod and shelf just above the top tub, too:

closet

But, no, he was equally puzzled and proceeded to get out his tools to remove the doors! That seemed excessive, especially since the door hardware was painted over, which would make it even harder to remove. So, instead, we decided to remove the Christmas decorations that remained in the top tub. After that, we were able to shift the tub to its side and pull it out. I suspect that's how the movers got them in, too -- rotating them to the side. Luckily, the yarn protected the Christmas decoration!

Once we got the first tub out, it was easier to remove the second tub and the Christmas tree box, because we had more room to maneuver above the boxes.

The tubs and the tree are now ensconced in the craft room office closet, which is considerably larger. And the Skacel Merino lace has been freed and is waiting to become MS3!

Skacel Merino Lace

In fact, I've already cast on and worked the set-up row. Can you see the first tiny bead?

4 comments:

Chris said...

Yay for freeing the tubs! Um, I can't see the bead, even when I click. Ah, well.

Anonymous said...

I've been finding my yarn, too! It's almost like Christmas in July.

h

Kim said...

I clicked on "post comment" and got the blogger comments.

I found my yarn in the bathroom and the towels in the craft room - go figure.

Anonymous said...

My experience is the same as Kim's. That's how I got here. I have no idea how to get to the Haloscan comments.

I'm glad to see that you were able to free your yarn without having to pay a ransom for it. Sometimes the good guys do win.

By the way, if another comment of mine made it onto your blog feel free to delete it since it wasn't meant to be posted before I finished.