Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Things They Don't Tell You About Blogging

I started my blog because it seemed like a good way to keep track of my knitting and because I enjoyed reading other knitblogs so much. What I didn't realize was how many 'peripherals' there were. Like - all those buttons over there! Like - things to join (that have buttons)! And, like - adopting virtual pets. Scroll all the way down to see Charlotte, the virtual kitten. Click on MORE to find a kitty toy, too.

I really did have a cat named Charlotte, from 1985 to 2002. Like Simon, she was a tuxedo cat, which wasn't an option with the virtual pets. She was such a great cat - affectionate but well-behaved. And I don't remember any bad habits, although she must have had one or two. But no excessive litter kicking, no waking me up at 4:00 a.m. to be fed, no using the couch as a scratching post, no running out the front door whenever it opened. She was a stray, coming to me when she was about 8 months old. She lived a long and happy life. During the last few years, she was one of 4 cats in the house. She knew she was the alpha cat, but she never took advantage of that, although she mostly just ignored my sister's cat Schuster. Someday I'll scan a picture for y'all.

And, oh, yeah, Olympic knitting continues.....

No comments: