Sunday, July 08, 2007

MS3

Mystery Stole 3 is sort of mesmerizing. I'm still working on Clue 1 -- I'm at Row 60, which means it's time to move my lifeline.

Here's the first 50 rows. You might be able to see a bead towards the top. And that purple thing is my life line, at Row 40.

50 rows of MS3

The yarn is Skacel Merino Lace, in very pale pink, rescued from the trapped tub. The beads are white and faceted, size 8/0. I should have just gone to Hobby Lobby to get them, but went to the bead shop next door to my LYS instead. The woman working thought an ounce sounded like a lot, so I didn't buy that many. I'm thinking that the tubes of beads are probably sold by volume (like liquid ounces), not by weight, which is how the bead shop weighs them. I think I've got plenty of beads!

This is my first time using beads in my knitting. I like the crochet hook method. Picking the beads up with the teeny crochet hook doesn't bother me. I did a lot of beaded cross-stitch, so the one-at-a-time method seems very familiar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the finished product.

Chris said...

Hmm, I don't seem to be able to do the Haloscan comments - nothing clickable in that area...

Look at you go!! Yay!! I need to get started - but my Sockamania socks (my TDF knitting) are sucking up my attention right now.