Sunday, July 20, 2008

I always need help with blocking

And Harley is always happy to assist.

Harley helps with the blocking

Specifics:
Pattern: Anne Hanson's Brambler
Yarn: Handmaiden Camelspin (30% camel and 70% silk). I used maybe 2/3 of the 328 yard skein.
Needles: US size 6
Notes: Although this wasn't a hard pattern, I never really got the rhythm down. The yarn is nice -- very soft -- and the fact that it partly camel is interesting, but the color (which I think they call Ivory, although I can't find it on their website) was really much prettier in the skein. This is a gift (very late) for a friend in Houston, and the light and airy texture will be great for what passes as winter there.

ETA because it's not worth a post of its own (plus, it looks like Blogger doesn't understand the border color html, and I'm too tired to figure out why that is):

you are dodgerblue
#1E90FF

Your dominant hues are cyan and blue. You like people and enjoy making friends. You're conservative and like to make sure things make sense before you step into them, especially in relationships. You are curious but respected for your opinions by people who you sometimes wouldn't even suspect.

Your saturation level is high - you get into life and have a strong personality. Everyone you meet will either love you or hate you - either way, your goal is to get them to change the world with you. You are very hard working and don't have much patience for people without your initiative.

Your outlook on life is very bright. You are sunny and optimistic about life and others find it very encouraging, but remember to tone it down if you sense irritation.
the spacefem.com html color quiz


Okay - this is a very positive description, and I wonder if they all are! But that said, this is pretty much me, or at least part of me (except that I'm not all that crazy about blue in general!). I don't like the word "conservative" in there, except that in the way it's being used here, it really does describe me. I am pretty much the opposite of impulsive, which has worked against me in the past, but is useful in my current work situation. And that sentence about being respected for my opinions? That's something I've only become aware of recently, and it's kind of scary -- apparently, there are people who think I know what I'm doing!

3 comments:

Bezzie said...

Hm, so does that yarn now contain an extra 1% of Harley Hair? ;-)

Chris said...

I think that looks like a gorgeous FO... from what I can see. ;)

I turned out to be olive drab. BLECH.

Melissa DeSantis said...

I'm lightcyan, but I don't think it really describes me...