Thursday, February 04, 2010

Black Cats

I've had this little black iron cat for years. I believe my mom gave it to me one year for Christmas. I use it as a door stop -- notice the hinge in the photo. Black Kitty is quite small!

Iron Kitty

For reasons I don't understand, Harley has always been terrified of Black Kitty. Whenever she walks past it, she stays as far away from it as possible and eyes it suspiciously!

Dolly ignores Black Kitty. Her favorite place this winter is hunched over the heat register in the kitchen. Poor cold baby... I'm tired of winter, too!

Cold Dolly

7 comments:

Chris said...

Black Kitty is cool! You knew I'd like it, though. :)

I have baseboard hot water radiators, which are apparently quite unsatisfying to kitties (unlike big standup radiators or vents).

Helen said...

Now _I_ want a Black Kitty.
I'll bet they don't make 'em anymore either.
Ah well. I do have two live kitties to keep me warm.

Bezzie said...

Ha ha! I love this! I had a small pig statue that Springs would hiss at. I finally had to take him outside (the statue, not Springs!).

Steven said...

Floor registers! Some of my earliest memories are of watching my sister dropping Cheerios in the register from her high chair...

mrspao said...

Yes, I want a black kitty too! :) He is the same size as Sirius!

Rebekah said...

He's very neat, i wonder what it is that freaks the animals out though.

My cats always used to live on the hot air registers in the winter. My dogs have always ignored them, I guess their coats are thicker.

Courtney said...

I love the new look of your blog! If you changed it a long time ago, I'm sorry to have been away for so long.