Saturday, April 21, 2012

Another finished object!

I know -- you are all amazed at this!  This one has actually been finished since April 9, but it was a gift so I had to make sure it was received before I posted.

IMG_4284

The same day that Simon went to kitty heaven, Home Ec Workshop had their anniversary party/sale.  As you have probably figured out, I'm on a real madtosh kick right now, and while I was fondling the tosh dk in Betty Draper's Blues, it occurred to me that my sister would love that color.  The friend standing next to me suggested that I really should knit something for her, sort of in Simon's memory, so I bought two skeins, not really knowing what I would use it for.

Looking at my Ravelry queue, I realized that Saroyan has been there for a long, long time and would be perfect for the yarn, especially since the size is easily customizable for the amount of yarn you've got.  This was a fun, quick knit -- there was enough stockinette to make it go fast, but not so much to bore me.  And the leaves were really fun to knit!  You can see the details on my Rav page.

IMG_4289

4 comments:

Kaye said...

Awww...that's sweet that you knit her that in memory of Simon. Nice to have something to keep her warm (although I'm not sure if Simon was a snuggler!).

Chris said...

What a lovely and thoughtful memorial!

Steven said...

Yes, very sweet. And I like that color -- almost denim-y.

linda-the-sister said...

And it is BEAUTIFUL. Blue is my favorite color (along with red), and Simon looked so handsome in blue (yes, Simon wore clothes. And hats.)

Simon was definitely a snuggler! And I will think of him and my wonderful sissy every time I wear it. It's the perfect weight for "winter" in San Antonio!

Thank you, Sissy! I love you!