Monday, September 04, 2006

Shawl Progress

No photos, since they're still not much to look at, but both my Seraphim and the black whacky-yarn-in-all-garter-stitch-on-size-17-needles fringed triangle shawl may both get done! I started Chart 3 for Seraphim, and it's definitely all downhill (except, of course, for the fact that I have 300+ stitches on the needles, and am still increasing!). I'm still really really happy with it.

The black shawl is a gift for a friend, who saw it in a yarn shop I dragged her to. I'll see her in October at a conference, so it will be done by then. It started with 3 stitches, and you increase front-and-back in the first and last stitches of each row. I'm up to 99 stitches, and just need to get to 115. And then there's the fringe..... but still, I hadn't counted stitches (or even worked on the thing) in ages, so I had no idea I was so relatively near the end. I hate giant needles!

Maybe I'll take pictures later today, but right now I need to go to PetSmart/PetCo (I can never remember which is which) to find one of these, which comes recommended by Lucy.

No comments: