Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Random


  • Did I mention that we ate at a really good restaurant in College Station? It was called Cafe Eccell. And it was Sunday night, when most of the wine is half-price!



  • And, no, librarians at conferences don't walk around going SHHHHH! In fact, we attempt not to shush at all -- too stereotypical. My library's not at all quiet, except for the top floor, which is the designated quiet floor. If people really are being overtly loud for no good reason, I'm more likely to tell them to shut up, or, on a polite day, "keep it down."



  • I'm thinking of using that cursed Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Lucky Stripe to make a pair of fingerless gloves, probably a variation of Fetching. The gauge is wrong, but I'm sure I can modify it.



  • I fell out of my clogs yesterday and really banged up my left leg from knee to lower shin. If the bruises develop into something interesting (you know - purple/blue/green/yellow), I'll take a picture.



And now for true randomness: 48 Things You Could Care Less About

1. FIRST NAME? Janna

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No, although Mom says she read my name in a book.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Cara made me laugh when she said, “Must have been watching a TV show - but that kind of crying almost doesn't count because it happens so frequently. Like peeing.” Because I am exactly like that – a frequent, even daily, cryer. Most of my co-workers would be surprised to hear that, except the ones who have been to the movies with me. I cry at almost every movie I go to!

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Sometimes. I have about 5 different handwriting “personalities,” and some are very nice!

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? I guess deli turkey – honey roast or something like that.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I think so.

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? I guess you’re reading it. I also keep all my emails to a couple really close friends, to keep track of my life.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes, despite frequent bouts of strep throat as a child.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I wish I could say yes, but, really, probably not.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Special K. And I love oatmeal.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Very few of my shoes tie, but usually not.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Actually, I am.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? I’m not much of an ice cream eater – I’m somewhat lactose intolerant. However, I recently tried Dreyer’s Slow Churned in French Silk. Yum!!!

14. SHOE SIZE? 9, which used to be big, but seems pretty average now.

15. RED OR PINK? My two favorite colors, but if I had to choose one, I guess pink.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I am a champion procrastinator. On the flip side, I really do work well under pressure!

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? I guess my Mom, even though I just saw her a couple weeks ago, and will see her again at Thanksgiving.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? If “send back” means “post on their blog” – why not?

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Pink plaid flannel pajama bottoms, a maroon T-shirt that says “Get marooned. SCC/MLA 2006” (see previous post), and no shoes.

20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Dan-Dan Noodles from Pei-Wei

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? CSI on TV

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Carnation Pink.

23. FAVORITE SMELL? Anything vanilla. I especially like vanilla/spice combinations.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? A guy from Time-Warner asking me about the quality of cable service. And entering me in a contest for a $20 Visa gift card. (Woo-hoo!)

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? You’re supposed to say eyes, right? But I’ve got to say it really is mouth/lips/teeth.

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM? This has been all over the knitblogworld – I’m not sure who I stole it from – but if I read their blog, I must like them!

27. FAVORITE DRINK? Diet Coke. A non-fat latte with one pump vanilla and one pump hazelnut. Bourbon. (Not necessarily all at the same time.)

28. FAVORITE SPORT? Definitely college basketball

29. EYE COLOR? Green

30. HAT SIZE? I think the last time I knew my hat size was in high school, for that hideous hat they made us wear for marching band. I do know it’s larger than average.

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Used to. I had lasik surgery a few years ago, which was a great investment.

32. FAVORITE FOOD? Are peanut M&Ms considered food? On the healthier side, I love spinach salad with apple, walnuts, stilton cheese, and raspberry vinaigrette.

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Definitely happy endings.

35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Since I live in South Texas and tend to be cold, I guess summer. But really, it would be Fall in the Midwest.

36. HUGS OR KISSES? I would say it would depend on who was doing the hugging/kissing. Both are nice.

37. FAVORITE DESSERT? I like almost anything chocolate, but I also love lemon meringue pie. And a good bread pudding.

38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I guess one of my SA knitting friends.

39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I’m not sure anyone will respond, so it’s hard to say who won’t!

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Team of Rivals: the Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin, which is kind of weird – I usually read murder mysteries! However, I just bought the new Elizabeth George, What Came Before He Shot Her, this evening, so Abe may be set aside for a while.

41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? No mouse pad right now – I’m using my lap top on my lap. However, the mouse pad on my computer table is a picture of me standing next to my then-new red Saturn Vue (taken and made for me by the local Saturn dealership).

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Lost and Letterman.

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? The sound of a room full of people laughing and talking. It always makes me happy.

44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Hmmmm…… I guess the Stones, although I like the Beatles, too.

45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? South Korea

46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I am EXTREMELY patient when helping people find information. It’s part of being a reference librarian. Unfortunately, this talent doesn’t always extend itself to dealing with co-workers.

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Champaign, Illinois

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I’ve seen it everywhere!

So – now it’s your turn…

No comments: