Sunday, October 15, 2006

Well......

My feet are big, but not this big.

the last sock photo

For those of you who haven't been paying attention, this is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Lucky Stripe. I love this yarn, but it apparently hates me. I'm not sure whether this is the 4th or 5th sock attempted. For now, the yarn is going into time-out.

It might be a little bit my fault. The gauge for Lorna's Laces is 7 stitches per inch. When I swatched (yes, I did!) and then when I began the toe, I was getting very close to 10 stitches/inch. Now I'm at about 7 1/4. It may still be my transition to continental. If you look closely, you can see that the stitches look pretty wonky, too. I don't know. But for now, I'm not going to worry about it. I'm just pulling out my favorite US1 rosewood needles, frogging this thing, and tucking the yarn back into the stash.

I've got at least 6 more skeins of Lorna's Laces in the stash -- including 4 bought just yesterday at Yarn Barn -- so I hope the rest of it is better behaved!

No comments: