Saturday, October 28, 2006

You say potato.....

(Actually, this post should be called something like "Random," except that I just had one of those!)

Okay, so I know it's Rhinebeck, not Rheinbeck. But you know that river in Germany? We English-speakers spell in "Rhine," but the Germans spell in "Rhein." I guess it was those 3 years I spent in Germany....

Today's big news is that our new LYS, Yarnivore, opened today. It's not quite ready for primetime -- in fact, after selecting my purchases, I spent about an hour helping put things in order. I think if stop in over the next few days, you might be put to work, too. But it's so, so cool that we finally have a second yarn store in San Antonio, and frankly, playing with the yarn was a lot of fun!

cashmerino and graceToday's purchases were two skeins of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in a lovely cranberry color (300610, to be exact), and two skeins of Louisa Harding Grace Silk & Wool in a pale rose (color# 30). I want to knit myself another pair of less bulky Fetchings, and couldn't decide which I liked better for them. Now I'm thinking I may make a pair out of each, as Christmas presents for the two women at work who tend to be as cold - or colder - than me. The Grace will knit up smaller than the Cashmerino Aran (which is the suggested yarn), but that's okay - the person I have in mind is a small woman. In the last 48 hours, I've gone from two Christmas projects to five, but the three I've added are quick knits, I hope!

Oh – and one more bit of randomness: Yay, Cards!

No comments: