Thursday, October 05, 2006

Lack of Progress

Apparently finishing Seraphim shut down my knitting mojo, or something. Since then, I've begun, frogged, and begun again the Flared Lace Smoke Ring. I've been planning on making it ever since I saw it on Eunny's blog last winter. At that time, I hadn't done anything even resembling lace but I knew I wanted it before this winter. (No, I probably won't need it here in San Antonio, but I'm always in Illinois for 10 days or so around Thanksgiving.) I even bought the exact yarn she used -- DROPS Alpaca in a kind of raspberry. The first time I began it, I was using needles that were just not pointy enough, so Tuesday I spent my lunch hour dashing to Yarn Barn (look! a web site!) to buy Crystal Palace 16" circs in both US6 and US7. I'm using the 7s, and I think it's going to be okay, although I've only done a couple rounds.

And remember the Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Lucky Stripe that I bought on my trip to OKC? I started two or three different patterns (check out my posts from June and July and you'll see them) and was working on one during the Yarn Harlot's visit and she even held it! (Oh -- did you see that she and Joe got married for real?) However, I hated the short row heel. I've made one pair of socks with short row heels. I like the look, but hate the doing. And frankly, this one didn't look so great, either. So I frogged and started the Marietta Rib Scoks with the Scalloped Turn-Over Top from Lucy Neatby's Cool Socks Warm Feet. I'm not positive about them - I may need to go down a needle size - but I'm going to wait until I get down the leg a bit before deciding. I wonder how many froggings a skein of yarn will survive?

No comments: