Wednesday, March 29, 2006

FOs

Yes, that's plural: finished objects!

I finished the footies for my sister. Here they are in their artsy shot, relaxing in the pewter bowl my sister gave me for Christmas. They're not very photogenic: they're actually more periwinkle andmore attractive that they look in the picture.


Pattern: Cable Footies from OneSkein
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Worsted in Periwinkle - a little less than one skein
Needles: US8 Bryspun Bry-Flex DPNs
Modifications: I kept the cables going down farther to the toe, which I think looks better - although I don't think the two footies look exactly alike!
Notes: The toes are awfully pointy and elf-like, but these are footies, not socks. I'm still not happy with my Kitchenering. However, I think I just need more practice. I absolutely love the Bry-Flex DPNs -- they have perfect points, at least for me.

I'm sure I'll make these again - they're fast and cute and very useful.

My second FO is a catnip 'mouse' for my kitties, made from the same yarn as the footies (the remnants of the first skein weren't quite enough -- luckily, I had another skein!) The pattern is from Wendy, and is very cute, with the little cable down the mousey back. I left it on Harley's Alpine Scratcher for her to find. (And sorry about that really lousy picture!)


So far she's ignored it, but Simon spent a little time batting it around. I wonder if the catnip is old.....

No comments: