Friday, March 17, 2006

Stash Enhancement

San Antonio's one-and-only LYS is having a sale this week, Thursday-Saturday. They almost never have sales, but this one is 25% off everything in the store. So I took advantage of having Thursday off and dragged Mom with me to the Yarn Barn that afternoon. I definitely enhanced my stash of yarn and of needles.

The color in this photo just sucks - so badly that I spent a few minutes googling all the yarns to try to find better representations of the color. That proved tiresome, though, so you'll have to imagine the colors!

At the top: Lamb's Pride Worsted in Periwinkle
Second row, left: Plymouth Sockotta in 5616, which is really a pink/orange/yellow stripe
Second row, right: Drops Alpaca 3720, a very pretty pale rose and not at all lavender
Third row: Cascade 220 in 9469, somewhere between deep rose and fuchsia
Bottom row: One lonely skein of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Fresh Stripe, turquoise and purple, but more subdued than the photo.


I'm going back to Yarn Barn tomorrow morning and hope that there's another skein of the Shepherd Sock in the same dye lot (they're restocking at night, but won't check stock during the sale). If not, I hope there's enough in a single skein for a pair of socks or at least anklets for my 9-year-old niece.

I also went crazy with needles, especially "fancy" ones. Here Simon is pointing out that he's more important than silly knitting needles. If you look closely you can see 3 pairs of rosewood needles, a pair of Skacel DPNs, some BrySpun DPNs, some of my old favorite Clovers, and two extension cords for my Denises. Wow! I'll never need to buy needles again, right? ;-)


Speaking of Simon, he had a follow-up with his regular vet tonight, and he was declared as healthy as he can probably be. He's walking and jumping just fine (he was on top of the fridge a couple nights ago) and acted very charming for both Dr. Masters and the assistant. He's going to remain on enalapril, in addition to the lasix he's been on for seven years. His heart problem is never going to get any better, but it's not slowing him down. And he got his shots, so he's all good for the next year.

No comments: