Wednesday, October 18, 2006

And so begins another sock....

In our last episode, the Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Lucky Stripe was sent to time-out (a.k.a. the top drawer of the stash dresser). I still was really in a sock-knitting mood, so I pulled out another pair of Shepherd Sock skeins, this time in Black Purl, an amazing combination of purples and black. In what may have been an unwise decision, I pulled out the pattern for Marietta Socks with Scalloped Turn-Over top from Lucy Neatby's Cool Socks Warm Feet. You may remember that the Lucky Stripe was briefly used for this pattern, but was way too big. Of course, the reason it was too big was that my swatch lied! So, this time, I'm assuming that I'm getting right at 7 stitches to an inch (which is what I was getting when I frogged Lucky Stripe). I've finished the scalloped turn-over top which may or may not be obvious in this blurry photo that is simultaneously over- and under-exposed.

Marietta sock

So far, I like it! Next up -- ribbing! I leave tomorrow for a conference, and I think this will be good conference knitting.

Speaking of going places -- my sister just returned from a visit at Mom's in central Illinois. While she was there, they visited an orchard, which is something you do in the fall when you live in a place that has fall. She brought this back for me:

apple butter


Can you see the ingredients list on the label? It says: Ingredients: apples, sugar, spices. YUM!!!!

No comments: