Sunday, September 09, 2007

Seeing is Believing

After I whined about how I dislike casting on toe-up socks, Chris pointed me towards her favorite way. I tried it -- still fiddly, but not so bad. However, what really made it easier was pulling out the reading glasses (which I've used once before in the the three years or so I've been carrying them around) from my purse. I had LASIK almost 8 years ago. I knew it wouldn't slow down the deterioration of my close vision, but I've been lucky. Although maybe not as lucky as I thought!

glasses
At least they have pink rhinestones on them!

In other knitting news, I frogged Midwest Moonlight. I was only 11 rows in. I absolutely love the yarn, and I like the pattern, but not together.

Brooks Farm Primero

The yarn is fantastic -- Brooks Farm Primero, which is 100% kid mohair. It's sport weight, I'd say, with a bit of a halo. But I only have one skein -- 500 yards. I'd like to make some sort of scarf with it. Does anyone have any ideas?

8 comments:

Chris said...

Well, I'm glad it wasn't TOO fiddly. ;) Great glasses! Sorry, no ideas about the yarn - I have about the same amount of their Harmony and no idea what to do with it! :)

Anonymous said...

What makes me hate toe up socks is casting off. I try and try but always too tight. Does your source have good tips? *laugh*

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your reading glasses!!!

You could make a mini clapotis with that pimero. Or maybe a feather and fan scarf? (I think there's one in "Scarf Style" but I can't get to the book right now.)

Deb said...

Oh no - don't give up on the toe-up! You'll soon be a convert. Love, love, love the pink glasses!

WK said...

I'm also trying toe up socks without great success so far (http://donttalkaboutwork.blogspot.com/2007/09/what-i-didnt-knit-this-summer.html). I'll have to try this pattern and see if I like it better!
WK

Courtney said...

I have a single skein of Primero and I was thinking of making the Easy Flame Lace Scarf from Knit and Tonic. To view the pattern, go to her blog (http://knitandtonic.typepad.com) and look for it in the left sidebar under free patterns.

Anonymous said...

I don't have much of a problem with toes, it's the heels that drive me crazy

Kim said...

What about this...

http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer07/PATTwisp.html

..without the buttons?