Sunday, November 08, 2009

Long time, no blog....

I'm constantly thinking about blogging, but nothing seems really bloggable.

For example: today was a gorgeous day - temperature in the low 70s and sunny. But around 4:30, you could tell it was already starting to get dark. I swear it's getting dark earlier this year.

Also: Christmas knitting has commenced, but I'm always worried about blogging about it. So far, it's all from stash, but I think I will have to break down and buy yarn for one project.

Christmas knitting

I really should have blogged about Halloween:

I made apple cider donuts to take to work on Halloween. They were really yummy, although I didn't think they were all that apple-y.

Donuts for Halloween

We were well-protected at work on Halloween by librarian superheroes Squirrel Girl, Clark Kent/Superman, and Thor,

Hardin superheroes


and by a Plague Doctor.

Plague Doctor

No picture of me - my costume was "librarian on Friday" -- jeans and clogs!

And look -- Harley and Dolly are best buds now! It's really cute how they cuddle and groom each other, especially since Dolly is an extra-small kitty and Harley is an extra-large. Harley really is about 3 times bigger than Dolly!

Harley and Dolly

So - that pretty much catches you up on my life. Well, except for the four new tires on my car. You'd think I'd have a picture of something that cost $600, but I don't....

5 comments:

Kaye said...

Tires are the worst! But you can't really live w/out them!

Love the donuts! I was wondering how those turned out!

Chris said...

Oh, I'm glad the kitties are getting along now!

Those donuts look tasty.

Steven said...

Those donuts look yummy. The size difference between these two cats is amazing! And I really think the plague doctor outfit is clever. Creepy, but clever!

linda the sister said...

Harley and Dolly! How sweet! They've bonded because Vinnie's always on your lap. :)

I'm VERY curious about the Christmas knitting... :)

Rebekah said...

That is a cute picture of the kitties, and my goodness what a size difference!