Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Slow Progress

I wish I had something completed to show you, but since I have been incredibly non-monogamous in my knitting, I have little to show.

There's Larkin (rav), the baby blanket. I think I'm about a third done with it. It also now has a recipient -- one of my co-workers is expecting a baby girl in October and I think this would be nice for them.

PIle o' Larkin

There are the Hedgerow Socks (rav), which I began last October, as conference knitting. They've been hibernating, and I've just started the second one.

Hedgerow Socks

There's Whispering Pines (rav). I'm on the second of 11 charts (plus a knitted-on edging). I'm hoping to finish this by Christmas (for me).

Whispering Pines

There's another Crocheted Birdie. This one will have non-matching wings.

Another Birdie (partial)

A few weeks ago, I visited Helen, and we made a quick trip to Klose Knit where, in addition to a little bit of cotton yarn to use to make birdies, I bought this gorgeous Lantern Moon knitting bag. It's very small, but bit enough for a sock project (although at the moment it's holding Whispering Pines). It's also reversible -- you can see the darker pink there at the top -- and has a pocket both inside and outside.

Lantern Moon bag

In a fit of startitis, I also cast on a pair of Rivendell socks, but knew immediately they would be too small. I think I've figured out how to add a few stitches to the circumference, but am no longer dying to make them, so they will wait for a little while. But that's okay - I've got plenty of other projects to work on!

6 comments:

Chris said...

I feel a bit faint after seeing all those WIPs...

Helen said...

Oh darn,
My resistance to those Lantern Moon bags is weakening ... and you go and post that picture reminding me -- again!

mrspao said...

They all look great :)

Steven said...

I wish I was as good a juggler as you!

Rebekah said...

I love all the projects, especially that shawl. Im currently in shawlitis mode.

And crud, you just reminded me I need to make a gift for one of my attorney's his wife is due in early Sept I think.

Mary Lou said...

Just sent my 10 yr old newphew back to SAT. He wound me lots of yarn so I can get some startitis going. Not as accomplished as yours, ofcourse.