Thursday, January 19, 2006

A Long-Awaited WIP


I have many works-in-progress, but this one is the most pressing. This is an orange and blue garter stitch cardigan for my cousin Heather's baby boy, due in March. In addition to the sweater, I'm going to knit a pair of the adorable baby jeans from the last Knitty. The sweater pattern is from Melanie Falick's Knitting for Baby. In fact, it's the sweater on the cover. This is the back, the right front, and most of the left front. However, I'll soon be frogging the last 20 rows of the left front. Why?

oops Well, partly because they were knit after midnight last night, and they look like it. But mostly because of the double ridge of dark blue that the big white arrow is pointing at. I actually just noticed this as I was taking the pictures. Probably just as well - it means I have to frog the crappy after-midnight knitting.

And, finally -- I wondered how long it would be before I felt compelled to make a political comment. Apparently, it was 10 days, because this just kills me! What part of "this law was already struck down by the Supreme Court" does this administration not understand? To a librarian, the idea that the government wants to know what sort of information anyone is seeking is absolutely appalling. Just because you google for "how to make napalm" doesn't mean you're cooking some up!

No comments: