Sunday, January 29, 2006

An Almost F.O.

Here is the orange-and-blue baby sweater, all seamed and edged, just needing buttons and blocking.

o&b baby sweater

I realize this picture doesn't look a whole lot different than the last (except that it was taken on the living room area rug, rather than the ugly wall-to-wall carpet), but look closely - not only is it now all one piece, but there's also a little orange border along the front(s) and the neckline. I'm really pleased with it, but I'm not sure what to do about buttons. I'm thinking just plain round orange buttons. There's not a good place here in S.A. to buy buttons, and for some reason I can't get excited about buying buttons online. I guess I'll go with whatever I can find at the fabric store. But if any of you out in my vast audience have other ideas - about either the type of button or where to buy them - let me know.....

(Did I explain that it's orange and blue because those are the University of Illinois' colors? Even though neither Heather nor her husband went to the UofI, pretty much everyone from central Illinois is a fan by default.)

I've got about half of one leg done on the Blu jeans. It's true, the dark blue Rowan Denim rubs off on your hands, just like brand new dark blue jeans can turn your legs blue. I'm still not loving the yarns, but I'm getting more excited about seeing how they turn out!

3 comments:

Kim said...

It is just so darn cute! I can't wait to see the blu jeans when they are finished.

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is SO cute!

Will you make me one? Maybe in shades of pink? You know you love pink...

This reminds me that I need to get to work on those diaper covers I'm making for this child. I have to get the John Deere logo on the backside of them somehow...

I see lots of green and gold embroidery thread in my future.

Anonymous said...

awesome!