Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Some Progress

I've finished most of the knitting on the orange and blue baby sweater. All that's left is the seaming and a little bit of orange edging on the front edges and the neckline. And buttons. I still have to find buttons. I'm thinking orange, but they would have to be the right shade.

o&b sweater

As soon as I'm finished here, I'll cast on for the baby Blu jeans.

Chevron scarf In other knitting news, my favorite current WIP is a version of the Chevron Scarf from Weekend Knitting by Melanie Falick. I'm making it wider - I cast on 72 stitched rather than 48 - and I'm doing it in one gorgeous yarn, instead of two. I'm using my other Brooks Farm Duet yarn that I got at Kid'n'Ewe.

The colors are fairly true, at least on my monitor. That fuzzy white blob is Simon's paw. He always wants to help, so this time, instead of tossing him (repeatedly) off the dining room table, I let him stay. I thought maybe I could get a cute shot like Wendy always has. Alas, Simon is not nearly as well behaved as Lucy! The photo below is representative of his normal behavior around loose needles. Luckily, he's usually happy to settle down in my lap while I'm actually knitting with said needles.
Simon and the Chevron Scarf

No comments: