Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Socks, Past and Future

I've added the 200Sox button over there on the right. This means that I'll have a great reason to knit my second pair of socks (as if that Koigu I bought last weekend wasn't enough reason!).

I knit my first pair of socks after Thanksgiving, with help from my friend Dale. We worked on socks during breaks at a conference we were both working at. I had actually attempted socks once before, without success. This time, though - I loved it! My socks are a little on the baggy side, but they're incredibly warm and cozy, since they're made from Cleckheaton Country 8 ply, in an attractive shade of lavender.

It occurs to me that, from the last few days' pictures, you might think that purple is my favorite color. I like purple, but pink (any shade) is definitely my favorite, followed closely by red. But I seem to knit in purple.

No comments: