Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Mostly Non-Knitting Content

I saw this on Amy's blog - and it is dead on. I'm actually from central Illinois, but since to most of the world there's Chicago and then there's "southern Illinois," they got it right. And I call a soft drink "soda."


What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The South

Philadelphia

The Inland North

The West

The Northeast

Boston

North Central

What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes


I'm not sure this table is showing up correctly. It should have red lines showing how much my accent is from each region. Mine is 100% Midland, but the next one, The South, is about 75%. That makes sense, since I grew up saying 'y'all' and have lived in Texas for 20 years.


This is for Deb.
calendar Nov06It's my calendar at work, full of scenes from the University of Illinois campus. October was a beautiful autumn scene, but November is the entry to the Spurlock Museum, which opened about three years ago. In fact, I was on campus Homecoming Weekend in October 2003 and toured it during its grand opening. Much of the collection had been stored for years on the top floor of Lincoln Hall (or was it Gregory?) in a sort of shabby little museum. However, when I was in school, I always felt like it was my private museum since there were never very many people there at all. And you could run in for a few minutes between classes. I know the Spurlock is a much better venue, but it doesn't have that personal feel.

And, finally, I have to say that yesterday's election outcome and Rumfeld's resignation today make me a happy knitter!

Oh - and I'll be finishing up the Feather and Fan scarf this evening. Now they're saying the high may be 70ish on Saturday, but that's probably still too warm to wear it to Kid'n'Ewe.

No comments: