Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Sunday Sky

I'm at my mom's this week, just outside of Springfield, Illinois. Those of you who have been reading my blog for a little while know how I think the flat prairie of central Illinois is the most beautiful landscape on earth, so you'll be getting more pictures this week.

There was a beautiful pink sunset while I was driving down from Chicago Sunday evening, but it's hard to take a good picture while you're driving about 70 miles an hour down I-55. These are the two best, although one is blurry and the other has excessive signage.

sunset 2

sunset

And here's another thing I love about central Illinois: Mel-O-Cream donuts! Although you can buy them at convenience stores and gas stations, they're best bought from the little shops around Springfield - shops staffed by grouchy older women who act like they'd rather be out back having a smoke. Luckily, there's one near my niece's school. After dropping her off this morning, my brother brought back two lemon honeymooners (my favorite) and two chocolate bismarcks (his favorite). It's probably a good thing I don't live here!

lemon honeymooners


No comments: