Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Photoless

So I had this whole post planned - I wanted to show y'all knitting progress. However, my new-in-August camera has decided not to talk to my computer. I'm having a nice email chat with a couple techie-types at Canon - they seem to have located the Mac guy for me.

Anywhooo.....
Although I've got five Christmas projects to knit, four are small and I am a perpetual optimist. I decided I needed to finish a couple cold-weather projects for myself. Yes, cold weather has come to San Antonio - the high tomorrow is only supposed to be in the 60s! However, I will be spending 10 days at the end of the month in Illinois -- a few at Mom's in central Illinois, then a week in Chicago at a conference that involves waiting for busses to haul us to McCormick Place. So I will have a real need for cold-weather accessories.

I had planned on first showing you the feather-and-fan scarf I began about this time last year, then put aside for other projects, despite its Brooks Farm Duet goodness. The pattern is loosely based on the Chevron Scarf in Last-Minutes Knitted Gifts, although it's wider and will most like be shorter. It's at about 40 inches now and I think I'm aiming at about 60.

I also want to finish up the Flared Lace Smoke Ring. I'm excited that I've begun the 4th of the 4 charts. However, the 4th chart goes on and on - I'm maybe a quarter of the way done!

Oh - and the ruffled sock? I'm down into the foot of sock #1, but I'm afraid it's not going to be getting much attention for a while...

No comments: