Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Cabling

Just a quick post, because it's late and I have nothing much to say (except that one of the February babies was born yesterday, so I'm hat-knitting!).

However, it my last post about the reversible cable scarf, I meant to say that I have become a convert to cabling without a cable needle. I had tried it before and actually found it more fiddly than cabling with a cable needle. But I am an easily bored knitter, so about halfway through the scarf, I decided to try it again, just to keep myself interested. This time, I followed Grumperina's instructions, which, apparently, were originally from Annie Modesitt. They are both brilliant! And this time, I really enjoyed it. I'm not throwing away my cable needles (usually, I just use an extra DPN anyway) but now I've got more cabling options!

No comments: